The WPT uses a radio frequency (RF) transmitter to send energy wirelessly across the door gap to a RF receiver that converts the energy to DC voltage - to power electrified locks and latches. Retrofitting electrified locks into openings with existing wood doors is simpler and less time consuming – core drilling the door is not required. Works well with steel doors, too.
Plus, unlike competitive wireless power transfer devices that use magnetic induction for the power transfer, the WPT’s RF technology* also allows for transfer of latchbolt monitoring, REX or data signals.
WPT Wireless Power Transfer Device
- No door core drilling required
- Transfer of latchbolt monitoring, REX or data signals
- No more broken wires, no moving parts
- Dual voltage output 12VDC or 24VDC field selectable
- For failsecure electrified locks, latches or other door hardware requiring up to 600mA @ 12VDC or 300mA @ 24VDC
- For intermittent duty, but can provide up to 90 seconds of sustained voltage
- Flexible installation - can be mounted on top of frame, latch side or hinge side with up to 1/4" door gap
- UL 1034 and UL 10C 3-hrs fire-rated, FCC Part 15 Compliant