Employment Opportunities at SDC
MACHINE OPERATORJob Description
Use of heavy machinery to complete manufacturing and disassembling, troubleshoot, perform preventive maintenance as required. Responsible for set up equipment, loading material and operate machinery such as drill press, punch presses, saws, mills, latches, and CNC Mill (Fadal Dual 4th Axis) and (HAAS 4th Axis) while monitoring and optimizing efficiency maintain machinery and performance quality checks.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances.
- Operator tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Inspects finished pieces visually and using precision measuring devices.
- Ability to read and follow quality system procedures.
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Observes operations of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Perform periodic checks on equipment, troubleshoot, solve problems as detected.
- Assists in maintaining time and production records
- Follow and use ISO procedures along with company safety rules and regulations.
Send resume to Dalton@sdcsecurity.com
Marketing Assistant (Entry Level Position)Position Summary
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the marketing department’s activities. The role is heavily involved in maintaining and updating all marketing materials. The Marketing Assistant will be expected to help with the coordination of events such as trade shows or conferences, maintaining and supporting outside sales representative relationships, maintaining a clean and accurate database of marketing contacts through CRM software, and organizing/hosting presentations and customer visits. They work closely with employees in other functions, such as sales and support. At times, the Marketing Assistant may be required to help organize market research. Typically, Marketing Assistants have great communication and project management skills. SDC seeks after an enthusiastic Marketing Assistant to help in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion. The goal is to deliver effective marketing programs that will help maintain and improve SDC’s reputation and growth.Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s brand strategy
- Collaborate with all SDC departments including Regional Sales Managers on the development and coordination of marketing/sales campaigns to assist distributors and rep firms in selling the SDC brand
- Liaison with distributors and reps to provide marketing/sales service & support and manage SDC participation in distributors' own marketing programs
- Coordinate and attend rep meetings/presentations at SDC HQ
- Maintain a directory and inventory of sales support materials and presentations, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and accomplish the creation of new materials as needed including direct mail/email materials
- Fulfill literature requests
- Plan and manage meetings, events, conferences, and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists
- Maintain customer and SDC rep lists, manage the input of all contacts and leads into the Marketing CRM tool and the assembling of special promotional packages/mailings by part-time employees/outside vendors
- Manage the processing of sales orders/acknowledgements by part-time employees that are sent to outside reps
- Assist in the management and reporting of marketing department expenses
- Develop and manage New Product Release Checklists to establish deadlines, coordinate activities, liaison with engineering, sales and marketing departments, and provide status updates and reminders for the release of New Products. Finalize projects with proper distribution to the reps, distributors, and media outlets
- Occasional travel to and in-booth attendance at Trade Shows
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Past work experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint - Keynote experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of basic Adobe Creative Suite Skills – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator - with the ability to update files
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Familiarity with email software and social media platforms - Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
Marketing Associate (Entry/Mid-Level Position)Job Overview
The Marketing Associate is responsible for planning and implementing marketing activities. They understand all facets of marketing activities and serve as a liaison between the Marketing Department and Sales Department. It is vital for this role to coordinate and communicate effectively with Sales Executives and Senior Management to ensure marketing activities are successfully conveying corporate strategy. Their work is heavily involved in managing daily administrative tasks to ensure the Marketing department runs smoothly.
At times, the role may require conducting market research to implement new sales and marketing strategies, analyzing consumer behavior related to web traffic, monitoring competitor’s marketing activities and generating reports for marketing metrics. The Marketing Associate will report and coordinate with the Marketing Specialist and Director of Marketing to create and maintain all marketing materials and campaigns. The Marketing Associate will also be expected to help with the coordination of events such as trade shows, conferences, presentations, and factory visits.
Typically, Marketing Associates have excellent communication and project management skills. SDC seeks after an enthusiastic Marketing Associate to help us in our overall marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, lead management, graphics, print and digital marketing, multimedia, and social media content management.
The Marketing Associate is an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion. The goal is to deliver effective marketing programs that will help maintain and improve SDC’s reputation and growth.Partial List of Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Communications or related field
- 3+ years' experience in a marketing environment
- Proficiency MS Office suite, Adobe Creative Cloud – including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator - knowledge of Keynote and CRM modules
For consideration, please send a resume with compensation history and any relevant work samples or links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview and receive a more complete description of Job Duties, Qualifications and Details.
Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Reporting directly to the Vice President Sales the ideal candidate is a self-motivated, driven sales professional with a passion for excellence. The Eastern Regional Sales Manager is part of an energetic team responsible for driving profitable revenue growth of SDC architectural door hardware, access control and security industry business solutions. The role delivers results by maintaining and expanding the reseller customer base (hardware and security dealers/integrators, reps and distributors) through leadership and cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Product Management, Customer Support and Manufacturing. They are detail oriented, strategic and analytical with the ability to think outside the box while being responsible for developing and executing sales strategy to achieve growth and profitability goals and forecasts for their region to Security Dealers, Integrators, and the distribution channel.
- Proactively manage and support SDC’s independent sales organizations (ISO) within the region.
- Proactive demand creation at multiple levels independently or in concert with SDC ISO’s with focus on architectural engineers, security consultants, spec-writers, distributors, system integration, installing dealers, locksmith, end-users.
- Maintains and expands customer base; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets by contributing regional sales information, forecasting and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Becomes actively involved in a new reseller’s, ISO’s, including non-direct buy influencers by providing sales orientation; coordinates, assists and leads in sales product training programs.
- Acts as a resource to resellers and ISO’s in contract opportunities and proposals.
- Attends trade shows; assists with the planning of sales exhibits; participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs.
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining resellers and assisting resellers in attaining new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided; answers questions from resellers and handles complaints to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Provides comprehensive reports to the Vice President and Executive Management as required.
- Communicates and collaborates, participates and attends meetings with Marketing, Sales and Product teams at SDC Camarillo facility on a regular basis.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Regional Sales Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or Technical field preferred
- 7+ years sales or specification experience including leadership experience; Industry specific experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of openings industry in regards to mechanical and electronic door hardware solutions, including options spanning from mechanical access/egress control to facility integration
- Basic understanding of locksmith industry, security system integration and related components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus
Send resume to Sales@SDCsecurity.com
Technical Product SupportExcellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Product Support professional with expertise in a high-volume call center environment to join our team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to master the technical aspects of products and services, while delivering best in class levels of customer satisfaction. The qualified candidate will have proven Technical Troubleshooting success and impart knowledgeable industry experience in answer to product questions. Strong Product application and installation assistance skill is a must.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Technical Product Support professional will partner with other technical and customer service facilitators and department heads to promote a strong customer advocacy culture and work cohesively with other functions and teams.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Maintain prompt and effective call response times and standards
- Handle escalated calls and cases; investigate and resolve customer issues equitably, including determination of root causes to promote continuous improvement
- Work effectively with production, engineering, systems and other internal departments on resolving potential issues with products, service, systems that impact customer service and satisfaction
- 3 - 5 years experience as a Customer Service/Technical Service Representation within the door hardware/access control industry with comprehensive electric locking hardware proficiency
- Knowledge of mechanical and electronic door hardware solutions, including options spanning from mechanical access/egress control to facility integration
- Strong understanding of locksmith industry, security industry and related components
- Experience in the installation of low voltage access control hardware a plus
- Basic knowledge of electronic circuits, including relay logic an Ohm's law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intelligent, articulate individual with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization; proven ability to develop and lead effective teams
- Detail oriented self-starter with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills; work quickly and accurately; make sound decisions
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as CRM tools
Security System / Access Control / Door Hardware Industry
(All USA territories) Sales Representative AgencyDescription: Security Door Controls is currently looking for independent representative sales agencies located throughout the United States to service the existing account base and expand SDC's sales throughout each regional sales territory. The ideal agency should have offices and personnel located throughout territory that they cover. The agency must have a proven record of sales to the security access control or door hardware industries. The agency personnel should have excellent sales and communication skills, technical knowledge and experience with electric door locking hardware, and security access control systems.
SDC will provide product training, literature and samples. The sales agency will report to the Vice President of Sales.
Territory Availability: Immediately