SDC’s ExitCheck® delayed egress locks continue to be the premier delayed egress offering on the market. The patented design revolutionized delayed egress by incorporating an alternating verbal message, verbal countdown and alarm tone, plus a large digital countdown display and door release indicator to provide a clear warning for the safety of persons without prior knowledge of door operation, including the blind and hearing impaired. Designed to delay egress through perimeter exit doors for 15 or 30 seconds, alert security and personnel to unauthorized egress, and are compatible with access controls and patient wandering systems.
A choice of operation mode allows users to meet their local code compliance while meeting all national and regional building and fire life safety codes, including NFPA 101, Special Locking Arrangements. All SDC delayed egress locks release immediately in an emergency.
A variety of field selectable options allow for field selectable voice message and alarm tone, or alarm tone only; field selectable activation on door movement; exit device with switch kit; or pressure sense bars for non-latching doors; field selectable automatic or manual relock upon power up after emergency release or power loss; and a field selectable door prop alarm sounds when door is left open after the selected bypass time has elapsed.
The 1511T series incorporates all ExitCheck® features for double door applications through a slave lock output to enable the use of two units for pairs of doors to ensure pushing either door leaf will cause both doors to release.x See Datasheet For More Info
- UL 294 Access Control System Units
- UL 10B Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- UL 10C Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- ULC-S104 Standard Method for Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- ULC-S533 Egress Door Securing and Releasing Devices
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code Special Locking Arrangements
- NFPA 1-UFC Uniform Fire Code
- UBC Uniform Building Code Standard 7-2 Fire Test of Door Assemblies (1997)
- IBC International Building Code Delayed Egress Locks
- IFC International Fire Code Delayed Egress Locks
- SBC Standard Building Code
- CBC, California Building Code Special Egress Control Devices
- BOCA National Building Code Special Locking Arrangements
- Chicago Building Code Electro-Magnetic Locking Devices
- CSFM Listed 3774-0324:0103
* All installations must be approved by the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Tandem Lock, NFPA 101, Selectable Egress Delay, Keyswitch Reset, 628
Tandem Lock, NFPA 101, Fixed 15 Second Egress Delay, Keyswitch Reset, 628
Angle Bracket, 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” x 11”
Angle Bracket, 2” x 1-1/2” x 11”
Filler Plate, 1/8” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Filler Plate, 1/4” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Filler Plate, 1/2” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Filler Plate, 5/8” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Mortise Cylinder 6-Pin, 1-1/8” Length, Keyed Alike
Mortise Cylinder, 6-Pin, 1-1/8” Length, Keyed Different