SDC’s 1581S series mini delayed egress locks are designed to meet the needs of long term care and commercial facilities that require a smaller, less obtrusive, and less expensive delayed egress lock that is better suited for minimum security needs. Size matters.
Designed to delay egress through perimeter exit doors for 15 or 30 seconds, alert security and personnel to unauthorized egress, and are compatible with access controls and patient wandering systems.
In addition, the subdued alarm is less disruptive to patients and staff. SDC has also maintained all the features and status outputs found in most higher holding force delayed egress locks on the market.
A choice of operation mode allows users to meet their local code compliance while meeting all national and regional building and fire life safety codes, including NFPA 101, Special Locking Arrangements. All SDC delayed egress locks release immediately in an emergency.
The 1581S series locks can be utilized in single or double door applications. A remote key switch or access control must be provided to operate the reset and request-to-exit (REX) functions. For double door applications, order two 1581S locks with a tandem cable kit. The tandem cable kit enables slave operation, pushing either door leaf triggers the delayed release of both doors.x See Datasheet For More Info
- UL 294 Access Control System Units
- UL 10B Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- UL 10C Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- ULC-S104 Standard Method for Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
- ULC-S533 Egress Door Securing and Releasing Devices
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code Special Locking Arrangements
- NFPA 1-UFC Uniform Fire Code
- UBC Uniform Building Code Standard 7-2 Fire Test of Door Assemblies (1997)
- IBC International Building Code Delayed Egress Locks
- IFC International Fire Code Delayed Egress Locks
- SBC Standard Building Code
- CBC, California Building Code Special Egress Control Devices
- BOCA National Building Code Special Locking Arrangements
- Chicago Building Code Electro-Magnetic Locking Devices
- CSFM Listed 3774-0324:0103
* All installations must be approved by the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Mini Lock, BOCA, Fixed 15 Second Egress Delay, 628
Mini Lock, NFPA 101, Fixed 15 Second Egress Delay, 628
Mini Lock, NFPA 101, Fixed 15 Second Egress Delay, 628, DPS
Frame Header Tandem Cable Kit, 3ft
Angle Bracket, 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” x 11”
Angle Bracket, 2” x 1-1/2” x 11”
Filler Plate, 1/8” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Filler Plate, 1/4” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Filler Plate, 1/2” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Filler Plate, 5/8” x 1-1/4” x 11”
Mortise Cylinder 6-Pin, 1-1/8” Length, Keyed Alike
Mortise Cylinder, 6-Pin, 1-1/8” Length, Keyed Different